By default, when you add alias domain, you will receive emails on that, but if you need to send an email from alias domain. For example: if you own abc.com, xyz.com, example.com and need email on all domain such as [email protected], [email protected], he[email protected]. Then you got to do the following configuration.
How to Send Email from Alias Domain?
- Log in to your original domain email (username with the primary domain).
- At the top right, click Settings (Gear Icon) and then Settings.
- Select the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- In the “Send mail as,” click Add another email address.
- In the window that opens, enter the Name and Email address (username with your alias domain).
- Confirm that “Treat as an alias” is marked, and click the Next step.
- Now Click on Make Default button on your recently added Alias email address.
- Remember to tick “Reply from the same address the message was sent to” on “When replying to a message as option”
That’s all! Now you can send and receive an email from your alias domain.
I think this is a cool feature for people who is having multiple domains and managed by one person. This will save the cost, and all emails are handled with a single login/console.